GBHEM’s Office of Scholarships administers over 70 scholarship programs with one general application. Criteria for each scholarship program vary, but there are minimum requirements that apply for general scholarship eligibility consideration.
Students who are United States citizens or permanent residents, or who are Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) persons shall follow the minimum scholarship requirements.
MINIMUM SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant must be an active, full member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year. Membership is determined by the date the applicant was confirmed and took membership vows with a United Methodist church. (Members of other Methodist denominations are not eligible.)
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree program at an accredited institution within the U.S.
- High school students may apply if they will be college students in the fall term.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants are required to be full-time students according to their school’s standards for the program for which they are enrolled.
- A student may receive GBHEM scholarships for up to seven award years maximum. Applicants will not be considered for an eighth academic year for a GBHEM scholarship.
NOTE: Scholarships offered by GBHEM are separate from those offered by the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation (UMHEF). You are welcome to apply for awards from both GBHEM and UMHEF but must submit separate applications provided by each office. UMHEF scholarship opportunities are for students enrolled in United Methodist related institutions only. Learn more about UMHEF scholarships here.