Fall 2015 scholarship application is now CLOSED.
Committee decisions will be directed to the email address that you used when you applied. These notifications will go out by June 26th, 2015.
The GBHEM Office of Loans and Scholarships is partnering with a company to provide an on-line application and database for our programs. International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) is a firm that specializes in managing sponsored scholarship programs. The application eliminates any paper submission by the applicant or reference. During the awarding process, ISTS will be in touch with you on behalf of GBHEM. There will remain one place to apply for programs, update your contact information, and check status of missing items for all GBHEM programs.
- Simply click on the blue "NEXT" arrow button at the bottom of this page to either:
- Start your Scholarship application now through March 5 (midnight).
- Edit your scholarship application up until March 5 (midnight).
- View status of your scholarship application and references submitted up until March 5.
- Update GBHEM with new address, phone, email or change in school on the PROFILE page on the application – (open year around).
Before You Begin
- Prior to beginning the on-line scholarship application, READ THIS PAGE. After reading these instructions click the blue "NEXT" arrow button at the bottom of this page to proceed to the application. DO NOT SKIP THIS PAGE.
- Take a moment to review the individual scholarship guidelines from the Scholarship List.pdf on the first page of your individual application. Select the ONE scholarship program for which you wish to apply on the first page of your individual application. If you are unsure which scholarship to choose, select the “General Scholarship” program and GBHEM will determine the best program for you.
Completing the Application
- After reading this page and clicking “NEXT” you will be directed to the on-line application. Please create a username and password using a valid email address that you check frequently as this will be the way we communicate with you throughout the scholarship process. Be sure to remember the username and password for future edits or applications
- Each applicant may apply ONCE per YEAR for a scholarship from GBHEM
- If asked, the Scholarship CODE on the application for Scholarships is: “GBHEMScholarship”
- Appearing in the application are steps which require you to locate your current church and the school with whom you are enrolled for the fall term. Be prepared to locate these organizations by state and city
- References must submit their recommendations via a specific link and code generated from your application. Before moving forward with the application, be sure to acquire the correct email addresses for any required reference. You will need your pastor to confirm church membership and a Church Reference who knows you well. (Some applicants will also need a DCOM member, an academic advisor, or CPE supervisor)
- You will be asked to upload a scanned version of your transcript with grades through December. Obtain a student issued copy of the transcript with grades through December, and scan to your computer; next upload into your application. (similar to uploading pictures on Facebook)
- After submission, you will have the option, and some students will be required, to upload a copy of your current resume
- To avoid errors on the application answer all questions that apply to you, and answer the questions in the order they appear on the application. (Left to Right on the tabs). You may save the application throughout the entry process. This will allow you to gather additional information and return to complete the application at a later date
- DO NOT FORGET to SUBMIT the application on the last page of the application. You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the SAVE/SUBMIT page and hit the green SUBMIT button
- Your application is not complete until we have received ALL required items within the on-line application. as well as all required recommendations from references you have requested.
- You may click the blue "NEXT" arrow button at the bottom of this page after you have submitted your application to:
- Visit your “HOME” page to check the status of your application and references completion prior to deadline
- Visit your “PROFILE” page to change your address, phone, email or change where you will be enrolled in school BEFORE or AFTER the deadline has passed
- View your previous application in “read only” format after the deadline has passed
ELIGIBILITY QUESTIONS CONTACT:
GBHEM Office of Loans and Scholarships
PO Box 340007
Nashville, TN 37203-0007
Phone: (615) 340-7344
TECHNICAL APPLICATION QUESTIONS CONTACT:
For additional information regarding the scholarship application process contact ISTS by email at GBHEM@applyists.com or toll free 800-914-8389. When emailing please include the name of the scholarship program or sponsor (GBHEM) and your username. International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS), a firm that specializes in managing sponsored scholarship programs, offers support administering the online application and any technical questions in the process.
L&S Quick Links
Need More Information?
Keep in Touch
GBHEM uses e-newsletters to communicate regularly with different people who use our programs or are interested in the work we are doing. Sign up to receive news directly from us.