Nebraska Wesleyan University
Nebraska Wesleyan University
Nebraska Wesleyan University has been serving the community of Lincoln, Nebraska since its founding in 1887. Located in the state capitol, international students will be able to tour the capitol building and learn about state politics. Lincoln, Nebraska is also home to an extensive parks system connected by 99 miles of recreational trails.
To determine language proficiency, please submit one of the below scores:
STEP Eiken: Pre Grade 1
In addition to the minimum student requirements, students will have to submit the following information:
- NWU's International Student Application form
- Certified copy of high school and university transcripts
- Official score of English proficiency test
- Official Bank Statement
- Copy of passport
- Health or insurance requirements:
- All international students are required to complete the Confidential Health History Report, which is provided with a welcome package
- Report, which is provided with a welcome package, prior to their arrival. The Nebraska
- The Nebraska Department of Health requires the following immunizations prior to arrival:
- Two MMRs
- Four DPT/Td
- Make sure that all information is in English.
Important Dates: Students may study for a semester or an academic year.
|Program Term||Application Deadline|
|January 20th - May 17th, 2013||October 1st, 2012|
|August 27th to December 21st, 2013||May 1st, 2013|
Courses: With more than 53 majors and 41 minors, there is something for everyone at Nebraska Wesleyan University. International students will take courses with NWU undergrads in the arts, hard sciences, social sciences, humanities, business administration, education and nursing.
Students will take between 12 and 18 credit hours.
Course availability for fall semester will be available on the website at the end of March.
Cultural Experiences: In addition to both international and new student campus orientation sessions, Nebraska Wesleyan University’s International Relations student Organization (IRO) provides various social and cultural activities during the year. IRO provides a social network for international students and opportunities for U.S. and international students to interact with each other, exchanging ideas and learning about each other's customs on the campus and in the community. The events in the past years have been:
- POWWOW (Native Americans’ Ritual Ceremony)
- Japanese autumn festival
- Riverboat International Dance event
- International Halloween Horror Movie Night
- Halloween Costume Contest
- Ice Skating
- Holiday celebration party
- Secret Santa
- International Movie Night
- Lunar New Year celebration
- State Capitol Tour
- Brazilian Carnival
- Secret Valentine
- International Cooking Night
- Camping Trip
- UNL Football Spring Game
- Omaha Zoo trip
- Cultural Presentation during IRO weekly meetings
International students will be paired with Nebraska Wesleyan students prior to their arrival in the United States. American I-Pals communicate with I-Pal (international students) before their departure. The American I-Pals then pick up students at the airport, offer friendship, and give advice on social activities and academics.
Housing and Meals: International students will live on campus with Nebraska Wesleyan students in residence halls. For an additional fee, and if space permits, international students may request to be placed in Apartment Suites. Meals will be in the on-campus dining halls through the Gold Dining meal plan. Although each student will be required to purchase the meal plan, they may also take advantage of shared kitchens in the residence halls.
Nebraska Wesleyan Costs
|Costs||US$ (as of Feb 2012)*|
|Visa||SEVIS fee of $200, Visa fee of $140|
|Housing||$4,965/semester (high end: apartment, 15 meals/week)|
|Estimated Books and School Supplies||$500/semester|
|Estimated personal expenses**||$1000/semester|
|Meals ***||Included in the housing cost|
|TB Test (Required)||$100|
|Refundable Room and Bed Linen Deposit||$115|
* For current exchange rates, please check XE.com
** Personal expenses will vary greatly according to habits and interests
*** Meals based on campus cafeteria or typical local meals
**** Insurance cost varies based on student’s age